Friday, January 28, 2011

A whole year.....really????

I thought when I started a blog about our family that I would actually be good about keeping up with it....updating it...., but alas,.....I stink at it!!! Plain and simple.....

However, I am inspired by another sweet friend who blogs on a regular basis, to get caught up.....(Thanks Jen!!)

I will be adding pictures soon....but until then... I would like to share this excerpt from another friend's blog! It is so real and applicable to everyday life. It's just that gentle reminder to find joy in the seasons of life and in the journey.

Have a great night!!!







Happiness Along the Way


We convince ourselves that life 
will be better after we get married, 
have a baby, then another. 


Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough 
and we'll be more content when they are.

After that we're frustrated that we 
have teenagers to deal with, 
we will certainly be happy 
when they are out of that stage.

We tell ourselves that our life will be complete 
when our spouse gets his or her act together, 
when we get a nicer car, 
are able to go on a nice vacation, 
when we retire. 


The truth is there's no better time 
to be happy than right now. 
If not now, when?

Your life will always be filled with challenges. 
It's best to admit this to yourself 
and decide to be happy anyway. 
One of my favorite quotes comes 
from Alfred D Souza.

He said, "For a long time it had seemed 
to me that life was about to begin -real life. 
But there was always some obstacle in the way, 
something to be gotten through first, 
some unfinished business, 
time still to be served, 
a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. 
At last it dawned on me that these 
obstacles were my life."

This perspective has helped me to see 
that there is no way to happiness. 


Happiness is the way, 
so, treasure every moment that you have. 
And treasure it more because you shared it 
with someone special, 
special enough to spend your time... 
and remember that time waits for no one.

So stop waiting until you finish school, 
until you go back to school, 
until you lose ten pounds, 
until you gain ten pounds, 
until you have kids, 
until your kids leave the house, 
until you start work, 
until you retire, 
until you get married, 
until you get divorced, 
until Friday night, 
until Sunday morning, 
until you get a new car or home, 
until your car or home is paid off, 
until spring, until summer, 
until fall, until winter, 
until you are off welfare, 
until the first or fifteenth, 
until your song comes on, 

until you die, decide there is no better time 
than right now to be happy... 


Happiness is a journey, not a destination.


3 comments:

  1. I wonder if you might be talking about me...and if you are, thank you. :o) I stink at it lately, too, which is why I have a herd load of pictures on my last post. I loved the quote in this post. I think it's so wise and am learning to think this way. Love your family. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you might be talking about me...and if you are, thank you. :o) I stink at it lately, too, which is why I have a herd load of pictures on my last post. I loved the quote in this post. I think it's so wise and am learning to think this way. Love your family. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, happiness is a destination. Let me know when we get there.


    🤠🙂🥳✝️👀💕😆😁😄😃🤗

    ReplyDelete

Of course Braden did not stand still for me long enough to get pics of him on the first day of school, but I do have a picture of him at his cross country camp in McCall the first week of school. I would get pics of all three of these young men every year on the first day of school. I love that they are all such great friends.


Kyle, Oliver and Braden

Kyle, Oliver and Braden

First day of school...

First day of school...




Braden at the Jimmy Driscoll race. He did so great!!!

Below, both Andy and Emily have a break away and a goal!! Woo! Hoo! Of course, Coach Daddy is there with the congratulations and pats on the back!