Monday, September 28, 2009

Homecoming.

I LOVE FALL!!! Not only does it bring cooler weather and beautiful scenery, but it brings back awesome memories of high school football games and homecoming. So fun.

This past weekend was Bishop Kelly's homecoming. The typical festivities ensued--- bonfires, powder-puff football, (complete with cheerstuds----- of which Braden was one. I am still trying to find pictures of him as said "cheerstud").....varsity football and......."the dance".

The homecoming dance in Braden's group of friends is quite an event. They all congregate at one house, have some appetizers, socialize and let all of the parents take a ridiculous amount of pictures. That being said, this gathering is a lot of fun for the parents as well. We too get to socialize, have a glass of wine and admire our babies all dressed up in their boot-scootin' best.
I love it.

As, I was wondering around in stealth mode taking pics, I overheard the boys were chatting....... .

"Dude, let's fill up on these (the appetizers), so dinner does not cost as much!"

"Ya, that is an awesome idea.....I had to take out a small loan to cover this night!"


Too funny!
Spoken like true teenage boys. However, the sweet part of those comments is that they were trying to sacrifice so they could take better care of their ladies...........or, they just did not want to have to be mortified when they ran out of money at dinner and had to call the parentals for back up!!!


Braden and Joan

Braden and Oliver: i.e, "The Bromance"





1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about this blog!!! So fun!! I miss you oodles and oodles!!! The pictures are wonderful to see!!! I'd love to catch up!!

    ReplyDelete

Of course Braden did not stand still for me long enough to get pics of him on the first day of school, but I do have a picture of him at his cross country camp in McCall the first week of school. I would get pics of all three of these young men every year on the first day of school. I love that they are all such great friends.


Kyle, Oliver and Braden

Kyle, Oliver and Braden

First day of school...

First day of school...




Braden at the Jimmy Driscoll race. He did so great!!!

Below, both Andy and Emily have a break away and a goal!! Woo! Hoo! Of course, Coach Daddy is there with the congratulations and pats on the back!